Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tee, You're a genius! Thanks again for that great post!

I read a post from a fellow blogger today that I absolutely adored and wholeheartedly agreed with. I wish everyone could see life like Tee, she just has an opinion so similar to my own it's scary. I have never met this woman and only seen the pics on her blog but reading her blog often gives me shivers and chills because it's so much my own thought train.

Check out her post here; it's awesome and so true!

After you read that post then you will understand my comment. (Which I am posting here)

Tee, even in my young relationship I have figured this out myself! I know that Andrew is not handy in the kitchen but he sure knows how to take care of the car (which I don't) so I feel relationships are give and take. I give him meals and he takes them, he gives me a well working machine and I drive it (lol). While it's not always this simple I have noticed when we do things for each other (gender related) or not we're happier. I love taking care of Andrew's needs; I don't do it because I have to but because I want to. I think that is the reason why at such a young age (both of us are 21) that Andrew and I have a successful relationship for almost 4 years now. We've grown with each other and are attentive to our needs individually and collectively.

You are so smart! You have voiced something I felt for a long time. We need to do things for each other even if we don't want to sometimes because gratitude is powerful thing in a relationship. I am so grateful for the things Andrew does for me and I know he is grateful for the things I do for him.

You are so right! When we are in a caring relationship everything is better. (I don't mean sex, although that is great too) but, loving, caring gestures go a long way in the run of a day.

Congrats on such a great post! Heartwarming and so true!!!

I posted my reply because it's my true feelings. I think too many people in this world are caught up in feminism instead of living their lives in ways that are true to their personal feelings and the dynamic their family has. I believe that we should all be more attentive to each other. When we do things for others altruistically we are repaid often 10 fold. I think we should all try to help others and make them happy. In a perfect world this would just be, but life isn't perfect and we need to work on it.

I just think that this is a wonderful post and Tee has such wonderful things to say. I truly enjoy reading her blog... Maybe, you should check it out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment