Friday, June 22, 2007

It's funny how you do things with no expectations and then...

You find out your a bit of a pioneer at your University.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not bragging, just a little flattered. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of Facebook but I have an account since Octoberish of 2006. I noticed that there was nowhere for my friends and I to chat on there about MUN our University. SO, I made a group and there was about 6 of us there for a week and then about 25 for a month and even then I knew most of the people in the group.

Well, after Christmas, Facebook fever hit like a wildfire in California... and now there are about 4500 people in that group.... there's only 15000 students at MUN so that's about 1/3 of the current population. (Although there are profs, future students, alumni and such so maybe it's more accurate to say 1/4 of the current population and then some "others").

A reporter from the Gazette contacted me yesterday. It seems she's doing a piece on Facebook for their next issue and she wanted to interview me being the creator of the "largest MUN group on Facebook." I kindly obliged and now I'm hoping she does a good job with the piece and takes my words and opinion in true context to what I gave her. I mean she does have poetic justice with her piece.

*NOTE* The Gazette is the School newspaper that is produced monthly by the administration at the University and slightly circulated so not many people read it but the MUSE is the Student Union's paper that is a weekly publication and widely read by the school population... so as you can tell I'm really not going to be a celeb any time soon lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment