Sunday, June 10, 2007

Stolen from a blog I stumbled upon... yesterday folks!

(Stolen from Don't Try This at Home... feel free to share and link on her page too!)

Tell Your Blogging Story

  • 1. How did you start blogging?
  • 2. Did you intend to be a blog w/a following? If so, how did you go about it?
  • 3. What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?
  • 4. Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?
  • 5. What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?
  • 6. Do you make money with your blog?
  • 7. Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?
  • 8. What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?
1. I started blogging with LiveJournal but too many of my friends were on there and I needed a place where I could be more open and not offend people or worry what others thought so I made a Blog. I've made many friends here but they are all not related to me and have noting to do with my day-to-day life.

2/3. I want to have a place where I can tell about my life and recieve feedback from others in similar situations. I've found that I use my blog to help me in day to day life situations. I am becoming a teacher so I read homeschoolers blogs to see how they make it work everyday. I am not a mother (yet) but someday I hope to be and this is my way of research almost. But, It's become much more than that. I have a place where I can vent and a few very kind people who leave very heartwarming and helpful tips for my life. I appreciate them the most. This is also a place where I can seek God in a way that I'm comfortable with and use other people's lives and testimonies and use them to enrich my own path in life. We all have a walk with God in life it's just interesting to see where others go and how they get there.

3/4. I think my blog is about me, my life, and my trials and tribulations. I use my blog as the best-friend who will never tell. All those people out there that read my blog are my best friends that have the awesome advice that only friends could offer. So I don't think the focus of my blog has changed as such, it's grown with me. As my life changes so does my blog to suit my needs. (I hope I don't sound vein, because I'm not lol... really!) The best part about my best-friends are they are miles away. They see and do many things I could never imagine and their life trials and experiences are helping to guide me through my own life.

5. When I first started blogging I wish I knew how to add pictures and headers.... that took a long time and now I think I have it pretty much under control! (Well I try anyway!)

6. I don't make money with my blog and I don't want to... it's more like my virtual diary of sorts... although I admire people who can/do make money with their site. I tried ad-sense for a while but I gave up on that... I just hated it.

7. Well I guess you know the answer to this one... no, nobody in my immediate family knows about my blog... at least I never told them. I keep this one for me... like a diary. It's humbling to think that people in china and across the world can read my blog. I prefer the close anonymity I have going with the people I follow. There are 10-15 blogs that I read almost every day... there are 2-3 that I check a couple of times a day (I really enjoy their updates) and they are the only real people that know about my blog. I would like to have a bigger following but I don't want the stress of having to post something positive all of the time. I keep this blog for the real me.... and my weightloss blog for the real real me, the one that nobody ever sees.... the dark me, the parts that hurt me. My weight is my real nemesis at times. It is a struggle.

8. For new bloggers I would suggest;
1. Keep your posts short and simple and on topic at first.
2. Join some blogrings and read what others think, you'll find they'll respond to your posts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment