Tuesday, May 29, 2007

May's almost over

Well I've almost made it all the way through May! Yay!

We're signing our lease on the 1st of June and I'm getting quite excited. Our plan is to be moved into our new place by June 17th. That gives us until the 30th to get everything in the old apartment cleaned and ready for inspection. Our goal is to receive 100% of the damage deposit back. This would help a lot because for the moth of June we have to pay 2 lots of rent; 1 for the new place and one for the old place. We also have 2 power bills.... YIKES!

But other than that it'll be ok. We also need a few "new" things... Since we have a second bed room/ official computer room we need to do either of two things; get another bed or move the futon into that room and buy a couch for the living room. I believe that the latter will win... We've found a very nice couch with a matching rocker for $225 at a used furniture place. We just need to acquire and move it into our new place. Hopefully it's still there Saturday when we have time to go get it.

We found some great deals on a tv/internet/home phone package too... for the first 6 months $87.00 tax in! and that includes $0.05/min long distance, call waiting, call display, voice messaging, 76 tv channels, digital music, 2 PPV movies (free! only the first 2 months though... for a grand total of 4), and I think that's it. Right now we pay $119.00 for tv/internet and another $30.00 for phone. So we're saving a bundle! Even after the first year it's $130.00/month for all 3 so that's a savings of $20.00 still! It's so great because rent in our new place is only $30.00 more a month which means moving to a bigger apartment only costs us an extra $10/month.... not too many people can say that's their moving experience (unless they downsized!).

IN NON-MOVING NEWS...

I had today off so I got my hair trimmed... no colour or anything fancy but she did dry it with a diffuser and well it looks different but I think I like it! (I'll post a pic when I take some lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment