Monday, May 7, 2007

Summer Slump

Well for me summer is here... I mean I don't have school until September and I'm working...

That being said I'm finding it difficult to post meaningful information... So I thought I'd share my summer dilemma.

My Dad WAS on strike and thus I decided to stay in St. John's with Andrew for the summer and look for work here. So, I found a job 40 hrs/week and $7/hr. Well I am delighted with my job and loving the spring here with Andrew.

Now, as I have posted before the strike is over and I have turned down a job at the mines for 16/hr (16.50 on night shift) and 92 hrs bi-weekly. Basically I turned down $5000 for the summer... Am I crazy?

Have I put a price on Love? I just hope I can afford school... but I'm sticking to my decision... no truck driving... I'm going to be a cashier in a gas station and... enjoy my summer here and make minimum wage like most other students....

Just curious, what's the minimum wage where you are?! What do students make? Is it difficult to get student loans?

No comments:

Post a Comment