Wednesday, May 23, 2007

May 24 weekend

I don't think the US celebrates this holiday but we do (It's Queen Victoria's birthday). Well It was a great time! My Dad and Sister came in from Labrador for a week. They went to my Grampy's house on Friday and Andrew and I went out there for a BBQ on Saturday (It's about 2.5 hours away from here).

My Dad and Krystal went back yesterday and it was sad that they left but it's nice to have the place to ourselves for a while. Andrew and I have had family visiting now for about 3 months off and on!!!

Monday was the actual May 24 ceremony at Signal Hill. I took some pictures and some video (but I don't know how to get the video up here lol). I'll post some pictures below. After the 21 gun salute we ventured out to Cape Spear (It's the most easterly point in North America... the next piece of land is in Ireland!)

21 Gun Salute by the Canadian Reserves in St. John's NL
Shoreline at Cape Spear
Lighthouse at Cape Spear

No comments:

Post a Comment