Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And it was a very LONG week!

Well Sunday April 15 Andrew's sister arrived... it was in the midst of final exams... I wrote my last on on Monday. She's not here for a vacation and I'm sure everyone here knows it. She had a antibiotic resistant infection in her left maxillary sinus that had to be "manually removed." Not only was she in a lot of pain from the infection (she's had it for almost 8 months now) she has swelling and pressure in her face... so you would think that surgery would fix this problem right?!

Well not so much. Thursday was the big day... she went under for her "simple" procedure at 1:30ish and it was supposed to take 1 hour... about 3 hours before we could take her home. BUT, she had complications... the anesthetic wasn't kind to her and she ended up spending the night. Then we took her home on Friday (after several tests and such to make sure she was fine) with her pain prescription and a new antibiotic to fight off further infection from the surgery (did I mention this was endoscopic... that's right no cuts)

Well she had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic and now she's in misery... the pain is worse than before the surgery and today the swelling is worse than ever before... I'm not even sure what it's from!!! I pray that she recovers quickly... she's only 25 and has so much pain and problems for that age. She is on a new antibiotic so I hope that helps.

I wish very much she was here on a vacation but the truth is... she may not be leaving very soon because she's not allowed to fly yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment